The New Springtime
by Robert Silverberg
- 1989: The Queen of Springtime, Gollancz Hard cover book, 415 pp.
- 1990: La Reine du printemps, Laffont Hard cover book, ISBN 2221067010, 424 pp., in French as La reine du printemps
- 1990: The New Springtime, , 358 pp.
- 1990: The New Springtime, Science Fiction Book Club Hard cover book, 358 pp.
- 1991: The New Springtime, Warner Mass market paperback, ISBN 0-446-36172-0, 472 pp.
- 1991: The Queen of Springtime, Legend Mass market paperback, 519 pp.
- 1992: Der neue Frühling, Heyne Mass market paperback, ISBN 3453058208, 652 pp., in German
- 1996: La Reine du printemps, Livre de Poche Mass market paperback, ISBN 2253071838, 608 pp., in French as La reine du printemps
- 1996: Reino da Muralha, Mass market paperback, ISBN 972-1-04162-9, in Portuguese as Reino Da Muralha
- 2001: The New Springtime, Fictionwise Electronic book
(from Warner 1991)
The People came forth from eons of ice to rebuild the world at Winter's End. But the horrifying insect hjjks — led by an immortal telepathic Queen — also wish to rule the New Springtime, and they are learned, united, and powerful, while the People are ignorant, tribal, and split into warring factions. Now the hjjks offer the People a "treaty," a vision of security that is seductive, beautiful...yet absolutely inhuman.
If the tribes refuse, the earth will run with genocidal blood. The People will be exterminated, or they will destroy a race infinitely old and wise. If the hjjks are accepted, the People will have survived the Winter — only to lose their newfound humanity...
[None on record]