- 1962: The Seed of Earth/Next Stop the Stars, Ace Mass market paperback, 253 pp.
- 1976: The Seed of Earth, Ace Mass market paperback, 174 pp.
- 1978: The Seed of Earth, Hamlyn Mass market paperback, 167 pp.
- 1980: La Semence de la Terre, Librarie des Champs Elyses Mass market paperback, ISBN 2-7024-1087-1, in French
- 1981: Die Kolonisten Terras, Knaur Mass market paperback, in German
- 1982: The Seed of Earth, Ace Mass market paperback, ISBN 0-441-75876-2, 174 pp.
(from Ace 1962)
In a dark cave, on a cold planet, in a distant galaxy, four Earthmen sat and pondered the chance that had sent them there. The Computer had picked them to carry human civilization out beyond the limits of the Solar System. They were to be pioneers of a virgin world.
Do Your Share for Mankind's Destiny read the slogan back on Earth. But Mankind's Destiny had not prepared them for the onslaught of the vicious aliens.
Four humans, alone in a cave, waiting for the outburst that would hurl them at each others' throats, feeling the alien eyes observing their every action, and knowing that whatever they did would determine the future of their entire colony.
[None on record]